FDLRS PAEC Parent Services assists districts in development of partnerships between families and professionals which allow for shared responsibility for improving the education of children and youth who are exceptional and/or have special or unique needs. FDLRS/PAEC supports parents through the following project priorities:
Collaborates with schools and districts in the development of family friendly schools
Supports development of parenting skills and an understanding of disabilities, abilities, educational rights, due process procedures, education, and developmental and transitional needs.
In an ongoing effort to reach as many parents as possible, FDLRS PAEC Parent Services develops and disseminates to the nine FDLRS PAEC districts the “Extra Special Edition” Parent Newsletter. These newsletters bring parents information to keep them updated on events in their area, federal/state updates and strategies to help their children. The “Extra Special Edition” Parent Newsletters are developed quarterly and customized per district.
- Spring 2017- 2018 Extra Special Edition NCS.pdf
- Summer 2017 - 2018 Extra Special Edition NCS.pdf
- Fall 2018 - 2019 Extra Special Edition Newsletter NCS.pdf
- Winter 2018 - 2019 Extra Special Edition Newsletter NCS.pdf
- Spring 2018 - 2019 Extra Special Edition Newsletter NCS.pdf
- Fall 2019 - 2020 Extra Special Edition Newsletter NCS.pdf
- Winter 2019 - 2020 Extra Special Edition Newsletter NCS.pdf
- Spring 2019-2020 PAEC Extra Special Edition Newsletter
- Fall 2020-2021 Extra Special Edition Newsletter
Facilitated IEP Process
Learn more about the Facilitated IEP process via this exciting new video (available in English with subtitles and Spanish with subtitles) that introduces the process to parents in order to encourage IEP team resolution.
Click link to access the
Active Parenting Online Video Library
Special Ed Connection Announcement
FDLRS PAEC is an associate center serving Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Liberty, Walton and Washington Counties.
Click the links below to check out the FDLRS PAEC Facebook and Pintrest pages
The Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources System is funded by the State of Florida, Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services, through federal assistance under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part B; IDEA Part B, Preschool; and state general revenue funds.